Wednesday, June 26, 2013

raspberry and peach crockpot cobbler

I've mentioned that I love the crockpot, right? A dinner and a dessert down and it is truly the easiest kitchen appliance ever.

I started to find recipes for cobblers on pinterest (you can check out my entire crockpot board here) and became really interested in the idea of making a cobbler that sounded so easy.

Found this recipe via the Crockin' Girls and swapped the blueberries for raspberries. I also added about a half cup more milk, and a cup more flour than the recipe called for, but other than that followed that recipe to a t.

There is something so comforting about coming home to a meal that is ready to eat and just tastes cozy. It was a chilly and rainy Sunday (by bay area standards) so this was perfect after dinner with some vanilla ice cream on top.

I will say, it turned a pink/purple color that I did not love, and I admitted to missing the typical cobbler crust/topping. Next time I think I will try the same recipe but in the oven with a few adjustments. The ice cream on top is a requirement though.

the start of some delicious cobbler

finished product--I artfully covered the pink-ish color ;)
 
 

The rest of the weekend was just as relaxing as I had planned--even snuck in some pool/tanning time.



Happy cobbler cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment