Thursday, June 20, 2013

fresh and springy pasta

I mentioned in Monday's post that I had made this pasta for Sunday dinner from smitten kitchen.

It was absolutely perfect and I found myself wishing I came up with that flavor combination. I have never cooked with mint and I have tried and failed with a ricotta sauce in the past. The trick there? Fresh, full fat ricotta, a bit of the pasta water reserved with some olive oil and grated parmigiano reggiano.

Deb has been the main inspiration for a lot of my cooking--to try new things, make dishes from scratch (her naked tomato sauce was life changing and the first sauce from scratch I ever made.) Her blog, and now cookbook, have been the push I have needed to keep this going and realize one of my dreams.

So back to the meal at hand-I love ricotta, lemon, and a crunchy texture as contrast in my meal. This combined all of that in a fresh take with some pasta, my favorite blank canvas.

Debs recipe is linked above, and I encourage you to make it yourself and check out some of her other stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment