Thursday, May 14, 2015

poached eggs..

..and the kickoff to "Veronica teaches you how to make eggs" #eggseries.

After a few questions on how to poach, soft boil and scramble an egg and realizing I do not know how to make a proper omelette, I have decided to launch the #eggseries. Its a great ingredient that can be enjoyed so many ways and more importantly, so easy to make once you have mastered it.

First up..poached eggs. You can check out my #instacookingvideo or follow the steps below. I taught myself how to make these when I was in my eggs benedict obsession period a few years back. The presentation really turns out beautiful with the soft egg white enclosing the runny golden yolk and can be just as delicious with a piece of toast or some asparagus as it is with a fancier benedict.

Heres what to do:

bring a pot of water to a slow, not rapid boil and add a splash of white vinegar.
tip: this is supposed to help the proteins "coagulate" but all I know is, I always do it this way and they turn out great every time
crack your eggs into a small bowl then slide them one at a time into the water
let simmer for 1 1/2-2 minutes and then remove with slotted spoon and let drain on paper towel
season with salt and pepper and serve

poached eggs on top of stewed tomatoes and an arugula/herb mix with a dollop of ricotta


No comments:

Post a Comment