Monday, November 16, 2015

s'mores treats

Up until two months ago, I had never made rice krispie treats before. Sure, I've eaten them tons of times; one of my former coworkers made the BEST ones. (Her trick was extra marshmallows, which I have employed generously below.)

Since my favorite marshmallow-y treat is a s'more in any form, I knew where I was taking these. Simple, quick and oh-so-delicious, whip these up to make your Monday a little sweeter.

s'mores treats
2 cups of golden graham cereal
3 cups marshmallows (I used mini) + 2 tbsp set aside
1/2 cup chocolate chips + 2 tbsp set aside
2 tbsp butter

  • melt butter and 3 cups marshmallows until gooey, add cereal
  • stir together and remove from heat, stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • spread in 9 inch pan, press down with wax paper
  • sprinkle remaining marshmallows and chocolate chips on top, set aside and let cool
  • cut into squares and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment