Friday, July 19, 2013

b-a-l-a-n-c-e

It's the weekend and my focus is balance. It seems like this evasive concept but I try to spend my weekends doing a bit of this, and a bit of that which helps me achieve it.

My new obsession is yoga in the morning (any day of the week-it really refreshes you!) I  do it at my apartment using some pinterest discovered tutorials, a few of my faves here, here and here.

I have also discovered yoga before bed, which has helped me sleep like a baby.

Some of my weekend faves: a night out with friends for some drinks (friday happy hour anyone?!), a morning run or yoga, a trip to the farmers market, trying a new recipe, catching up on our fave shows with Mike (watching Arrested Developments new season right now!) chatting with my friends and family back east and sleeping in.

Unless I have somewhere to be on a weekend before say, noon, I do not set an alarm. Sometimes I wake up at 8, other times I sleep till 11. But it doesn't matter because my body is telling me what it needs, and that's sleep.

So pause. Listen to your body. Think about what you really love, and spend your free time accordingly.

And enjoy the balance


No comments:

Post a Comment