Monday, November 25, 2013

a brief departure series: bedroom decorating

The decorating series is back!

I have nearly my entire non-existent apartment decorated, but I am getting stuck on one room....the bedroom.

The reality is, the next move I make will be with Mike, so the bedroom can not be too girly. I would buy a hot pink comforter and a bunch of fun brightly colored accessories if it was just me.

But I guess I should consider that he wouldn't love the hot pink comforter so much and that's where I am getting stuck.

My bedroom pinboard is all.over.the.place. So I put together two different ideas--one is navy, white with a coral pop of color and the other focuses more on a mustard yellow + teal theme.

So here is option one:




clockwise from top: striped pillow-sold out, visit etsy shop; simple white duvet cover; step nightstand via la belle vie; perfect blue and white comforter (can not find source) via real simple; coral dresser accent via sarah m. dorsey designs; navy and white comforter set

I love the white comforter because it makes things so versatile, but lets face it, they get dirty so easily. Though a duvet is a lot easier to clean/bleach...

The navy comforter in the bottom right is my favorite. I tweeted at Real Simple to try and find the source but nothing yet.

I like that nightstand/bedside step, maybe painted in a distressed white though..


And option two:



clockwise from top: mustard yellow printed curtains, similar here; clear barcelona vase; chevron accent chair; yellow ranunculus print; coral vase, similar here; mustard yellow area rug; "follow your bliss" quote + photo; california <3 ny print; example/ideal set up

I like the idea of the mustard yellow with some minimal coral/teal mixed in as well.

If I could just have that bed/nightstand/those pillows on the bottom left, I would be set.

Which do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think aside from hot pink, which is a great color, all other colors are gender neutral.

    I say go for it! Mike would appreciate you taking point for such a big job. In our house, we just have pictures of gingy. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete